What if you can have a hdb 3 room flat renovation in Singapore without the need to spend too much? In this blog post, we will share 9 creation ways hdb 3 room flat renovation ideas that are all within budget and creative. With these ideas, you will be able to refresh your hdb 3 room flat quickly and effectively!
How big is a 3-room HDB flat in Singapore?
A hdb flat is a general term for public housing in Singapore. It can be either an apartment, terrace house or semi-detached house that are all owned by the government and rented to citizens of Singapore at affordable rates. A hdb flat typically consists of three rooms (i.e living room, bedroom and kitchen) and a bathroom.
HDB 3-room flat inspirations
3-room flats are one of the most popular options amongst new homeowners in Singapore. With the hdb flat being a much aafordable alternative than private property, it’s no wonder that they are popular.
If you’re looking for hdb 3 room flat ideas to renovate or decorate your hdb in Singapore, here are some of our favourite hdb renovation tips:
1.Contemporary bachelor pad – dark tones for a premium feel
If you want to make your hdb feel more like a bachelor pad, go with dark tones. The darker colours will create an air of luxuriousness and sophistication that doesn’t come off as cheesy or tacky.
- Pick up some marble tiles for the bathroom so it feels high end
- Cover the walls in statement art pieces such as a black and white illustration or photographic print
- Pick up some abstract art pieces to put in the hdb living room. Abstract artwork is very popular at the moment
- If you’re really feeling like going high end, check out luxury fabrics such as silk, cashmere or linen for curtains, throws on furniture or cushions that you put on the hdb sofa
- Add decorative items such as a vase of flowers, plants or other pieces to brighten up your hdb. This will also make it feel more like your own space.
- For lighting in hdb living room and bedroom, we recommend going with chandeliers instead of overhead lights so you get a more dramatic and sophisticated hdb.
- If you want to add some sparkle, try out metallic or crystal light bulbs in your hdb living room
- To personalize the hdbspace even further, we recommend designing lettering for your entrance with words that are meaningful to you. This creates an added sense of identity.
2. Cosy retro vibes – exposed brick and warm lighting
If you’re looking to make your hdb feel like home, the best way is by adding some retro vibes. This can be accomplished through a colour scheme that feels warm and cozy or with furniture such as mid-century modern pieces for hdb living room.
- Get rid of hdb curtains on windows where they are blocking natural light from coming in
- Pick up some vintage style wall stickers (e.g palm trees) so it feels more tropical
- For hdb space lighting, try out lamps instead of overhead lights because these create an ambient glow which will give off soft tones throughout the space and provide intimate moods when needed – Add decorative items such as plants or small vases filled with flowers in order
3. Santorini vibes – white walls with blue accents and archways
If you want your hdb to feel like a serene escape, try out the Santorini vibes while applying blue accents that resemble the Grecian sea and skies. This hdb design idea is characterized by white walls and accents of blue throughout as well as archways for those who love natural light coming in their hdb space. The best way to recreate this hdb style would be to:
- Cover hdb walls in white paint
- Pick up a sky blue accent wall or painting for hdb living room (e.g the back of your hdb sofa)
- For hdb space lighting, consider candles as these provide an intimate mood and will set off soft tones throughout the space while also giving off a warm glow
- Pick up hdb furniture that is white and delicate looking, such as hdb chairs or bedroom dressers. This way the hdb will feel light and airy
- Add some ikea furniture for hdbspace such as a kitchen island or large hdb coffee table. Ikea is the best place to find affordable, contemporary hdb pieces that are durable and long lasting
- Pick up white art pieces for your hdb walls (e.g framed drawings) – This goes well with the Santorini vibes you’re going for in order to create an escape from reality. Light-toned wood also adds to the island-like ambience of the home,
4. For the gamer couple – dedicated gaming room for two
- A dedicated gaming room will make your home truly to all the other gamer couples out there. We recommend picking up hdb furniture with hdb panels, such as hdb desks or a hdb bed. This way the hdb space feels more like an office
- Add decorative items to your hdb space that represent you and your partner’s interests in gaming so it can feel extra special – For example, pick up some video game posters on the walls of the hdb design style for gamers is characterized by dark colours throughout and dim lighting (e.g blue light) which create a calm yet edgy ambience when needed. The best way to recreate this would be:
- Covering all your hdx walls in black paint
- Lighting comes from large chandeliers rather than overhead lights
- Adding hdb furniture that is dark and sleek in design, such as hdb desks or hdb couches. This will give your hdb space an edgy vibe when needed. HdB space lighting should come from large chandeliers rather than overhead lights to create a calm yet edgy ambience
- Add black light posters on the walls of this hdx style for gamers – These are found at local shops here in Singapore with popular video games picked out by the artist who created it (e.g Assassin’s Creed)
5. For the fitness junkies – clear glass for open-air gym concept
The hdb 3 room flat space design idea for fitness junkies is characterized by clear glass hdbspaces with a minimalist look and feel (e.g white walls, hdb furniture) which provide an open-air gym concept that keeps the hdx feeling light
To create this hdb 3 room flat style, we recommend to renovate:
- Clear covering your entire flat in sheets of glass to keep it looking light but still spacious – This also provides natural lighting through windows as well as giving off a sleek vibe when needed
- Pick up black or grey hddesign pieces for your home so you can have ample workout equipment such as treadmills and dumbbells. These will give off heavy vibes while providing soft ambient light within the hdbspace
- Add hdb furniture that is sleek in design such as hdb desks or hdb sofas. These provide a minimalist look and feel which will give off an open-air gym concept to the hdx, ikea also provides many contemporary designs for this hddesign style. Keep your home light by picking up white art pieces on the walls of this hdbspace – This goes well with the fitness vibe you’re going for while providing enough space to exercise in without feeling cramped
6. Muji aesthetics – light wood, natural light, and sunken seats
In hdb design style for muji aesthetics, hdbspaces are characterized by light wood hdx furniture, natural hdb lighting and sunken seats. To create this hdb space you should:
- Clear covering your entire flat in white paint to keep it looking sleek but still spacious (removing any window coverings) – This also provides natural hddesign light through windows as well as giving off a modern vibe when needed
- Pick up minimalist black or grey hdbspaces so that the room will feel clean without being too shiny. The best way would be picking up large pieces of furniture with no embellishments such as beds or couches which give an industrial look rather than traditional furnishing
- Add hdb furniture that is sleek in design such as hdb desks or hdb sofas. These provide a modern look and feel which will give off an open-air, light space ikea also provides many contemporary designs for this hddesign style – Keep your home clean by picking up white art pieces on the walls of this hdx style to keep it looking minimalistic but still spacious
7. The Modern Living Room Style for hdb 3 room flat:
In the hdb 3 room flat living room, we recommend using high ceilings with clear glass panels throughout. This way you can use huge chandeliers for lighting without feeling cramped and maintain the spaciousness of the flat due to tall ceilings The perfect balance would be adding soft ambient lights from overhead lamps.
8. Hdb 3 room flat renovation ideas By Going open-concept
Both the kitchen and master bathroom walls were removed to make it feel less enclosed. The hdb open concept style is characterized by linoleum hdbspaces and hdmovable walls to create a space that feels huge
To renovate, you should:
- Add hdb carpeted floors with tiled accents. This gives off an industrial vibe which will go well with the sunken seating – Linoleum hdb design spaces are perfect for this as they feel light without feeling too shiny while also giving off more of a raw look to it
- Keep your home looking minimalist but still spacious by picking up black or grey hdb furniture such as our couch or bed frame. These give the room an edgy yet modern look so you don’t have to worry about too many colors clashing together
9. getting wood-look/natural furniture hdb design
To hdb create this look, first clear covering your hdb design space in white paint to keep it looking sleek but still spacious. Next pick up black or grey hdb furniture such as our sofa so that the room will feel clean without being too shiny and provide ample workout equipment such as treadmills and dumbbells .
These will give off heavy hdb vibes while providing soft ambient light within the hdb space. Add hdb furniture that is sleek in design such as hdb desks or hdb sofas. These provide a minimalist look and feel which will give off an open-air gym concept to the hdx, ikea also provide many hdb contemporary designs for this hdb design style
To hdb save money, first replace the storage container with a bulkier one. It can be in any color but should provide ample space to store your belongings without feeling cramped and lighten up the mood! Use hdb furniture such as our sofa or couch that are hdb sleek in design to hdb design the hdb space. These provide a modern look and feel which will give off an open-air gym concept while providing soft ambient light within hdx hdb space
To create this hdb style, first clear covering your flat in white paint to keep it looking sleek but still spacious (removing any window coverings). Next pick up black or hdb grey hdb furniture such as our sofa so that the room will feel clean without being too shiny and provide ample workout equipment such as treadmills and dumbbells. These will give off heavy hdb vibes while providing soft ambient light within hdb space
10. is kept to a minimum your home decor hdb design
In hdb some cultures, hdb flat is a hdxspace that needs to be lived in. Hdb customers want their hdb spaces to have personality without ikea feeling too cluttered or overcrowded so they choose furnishings and colors that represent them. This can vary from hdb aesthetic specialist’s tastes
Hdb carpeted floors with tiled accents. This gives off an industrial vibe which will go well with the sunken seating – Linoleum hdb design spaces are perfect for this as they feel light without feeling too shiny while also giving off more of a raw look to ikea it Keep your home looking minimalist but still spacious by picking up black or grey hdb furniture such as our couch or bed frame. These give the room an edgy yet modern look so you don’t have to worry about too many colors clashing together.
Give your hdb 3 room flat unit the refresh it needs!
Let us know and get quick, personalised renovation quotes from Divasinterior design firms for free!
Divasinterior will help your hdb 3 room flat renovation ideas and turn your flat into a home that is uniquely yours. We can redesign any and all rooms within the house—from bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, living rooms, hallways or walkways—to create a warm and welcoming space for you to live in hdb interior design.
We started this company because we’re passionate about interior design and have always wanted to change people’s homes. If you are sick of looking at dated finishes or mismatched furniture in your place, then look no further than our team of expert designers who will work with every detail to make sure both your budget and personal taste are met in the best way possible!